- What sort of
information we do we
The personal information we collect from you may include your:
- Billing/ Delivery Address/es
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Payment Details e.g. Credit Card Details
- Encrypted Record of your Login Password (when you set up an account online)
- Image When Visiting our Car Park or Shop (by CCTV)
- Vehicle Number Plate (by CCTV)
- Purchase History and Marketing Preferences
- Communications with us such as When You Make an Enquiry (such as by Email or Telephone)
- Information about your Computer and About your Visits to and use of this Website (including your IP address, Geographical Location, Browser Type, Referral Source, Length of Visit and Number of Page Views);
- When do we collect
- You order goods online or order goods in store we ask you for your name, billing and delivery address/es, email address, telephone number and payment details e.g. credit card details.
- You set up an online account we will ask you for your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number and email address. We will also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- You apply to join our Garden Club we will ask you for your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- You visit our garden centre or car park you may be captured by CCTV and your car number plate may be recorded.
- You use your membership card we record details of your purchase/s
- You contact us by phone we may keep a record of the conversation (we do not record sensitive data such as credit card details as part of this)
- You engage with us on social media
- You contact us with queries, complaints or comments we may ask you for your name and contact details and general information about the reasons for your contacting us.
- You go online and use our website we may collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website
- How we use
Olive Grove Oundle collects and uses your personal data because is it necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to you;
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or post.
- When do we rely
We may process your information as part of contract of sale in order to process your orders, sell you goods and services and deliver your goods.
- When do we rely
on legitimate interests?
We will only process your data for our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
To pursue our legitimate interests we process personal data to:
- Sell and supply goods and services
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Set up and administer Garden Club memberships and manage our loyalty scheme
- Set up secure online accounts
- Handle customer queries, complaints, refunds or disputes;
- Understand our customers better by analysing their transactions and other information provided to us or which we learn through their interactions with us.
- Improve existing products and services and developing our offer;
- Protect customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Record phone communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails, for staff training, quality improvement purposes and establishing facts.
- Prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecute offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Manage any insurance claims by our customers;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Protect Olive Grove Oundle, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Olive Grove Oundle;
- Effectively handle any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Olive Grove Oundle;
- Enable a purchase (or prospective purchase) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- When do we rely on
We may process your data to send you newsletters and information about our offers, promotions and events from time to time when you have consented to us doing so when applying for membership of our Garden Club, when placing an order and/or setting up an account online or when you have otherwise requested them.
When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time, by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
- When do we rely
on other reasons?
For legal purposes we will use your data to comply with laws and regulations, assess and uphold legal or contractual rights and claims, and for monitoring, auditing and training on compliance matters such as:
- Monitoring, and recording telephone communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails.
- tVerifying your identity.
- Keeping records to comply with health and safety legislation, including accounting for the number of individuals on our premises and logging accidents.
- How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, misuse or loss we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to your personal data is password protected and sensitive data such as credit card details is managed through an encrypted payment system.
Any in-store held information is always stored securely.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Some information we hold will be retained to fulfil our legal and/or statutory obligations, for example, because of our obligations to the tax authorities or in connection with anticipated legislation.
In connection with warranties we keep your personal data for as long as the warranty period.
We keep copies of telephone communications for approximately 1 month after which they are erased.
- Who do we share
personal data with?
We use the services of a third party to:
- Manage your online orders and set up and manage your online account
- Deliver your products or services, for example using a courier or Royal Mail
- Process credit card payments online and in store
- Deal with warranty claims, refunds, product recalls and complaints
- Understand our customer behaviour online
- improve the website functionality online
- Prevent or detect fraud in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies and/or use of CCTV.
- Prevent and/or detect crime in our premises or online. This may require to disclosing your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- What are your rights
over your personal data?
You have the right to ask for:
- A copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Your personal information to be corrected
- Your personal information to be erased or deleted
- Us to limit or restrict processing of your personal data
- Your personal data to be transferred
You also have the right to object to us processing your data, in particular where we use the data for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement.
Some rights may be limited because:
- We may be obliged by law or regulation to keep information.
- here may be a compelling legitimate interest to keep processing data.
In upholding your rights we must respect other people’s privacy as well, which means we may need to redact or remove information where it includes personal data about someone else, even if it is connected to your data.
To process a request from you, we may need to confirm your identity to ensure we’re accessing the right data.
With regard to Direct Marketing where we ask for your consent you can withdraw that consent at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails, calling us on 01832 275660 or by writing to us at Olive Grove Oundle, Oundle Road, Polebrook, Northants, PE8 5LQ
- Transferring your information outside Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). This may happen, for example, if any of our 3rd party suppliers are located in a country outside of the EU. We will only transfer to those countries or organisations outside the European Union (“EU”) that can demonstrate that they are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and other uses. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- How can you contact the regulator?
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (Please be aware we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
- Any Questions?
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Olive Grove Oundle, Oundle Road, Polebrook, Northants, PE8 5LQ
This notice was last updated on 25/05/18